Right now, just outside my door, there is a blizzard (which I'm sure many of you have heard about). So, I decided to take full advantage of being trapped inside and chose to do a little DIY project. I'm loving the look of tassels lately- on jewelry, keychains, and even as a household decor. Tassels themselves are relatively simple and affordable to make. I chose to add them to a simple beaded stretchy bracelet that I made and think it looks super chic!
What you need: Embroidery thread // Pliers // Jump rings // Scissors // Beads // Stretch Magic cord
- After making the beaded bracelet, make the tassel. Start by cutting a 10-12 inch piece of thread, which you will use later. Fasten the thread (I typically use half the amount that is in a package) in the middle with another piece of thread and then cut the loops on each side.
- Fold the thread in half and wrap the 10-12 inch piece of thread that you cut around the top.
- Tie a knot and cut the excess thread.
- Cut the ends of the thread evenly and as short as desired.
- Use pliers to open the jump ring.
- Loop the jump ring through the thread that you used to fasten the tassel together in step 1.
- Attach the tassel to the bracelet and be sure to close the jump ring completely.